Solutions Deployment Tool - 'Unable to open the task. It cannot be found.'

Jump to solution
07-11-2018 08:36 AM
deleted-user-8TJ6jZDO1Rfr
New Contributor III

I have a question about the Solutions Deployment Tool in Pro. I am using it to 'Publish Basic Local Government Scene' for a 3D basemap using Lidar. My issue is that twice now I have closed my project and opened it again to find that my task is "Unable to open the task. It cannot be found". The last time this occurred I had to delete my project locally and on AGOL to get rid of all files associated with the project. Only then was I able to deploy a new solution and start over. 

Has any one else had this issue? Any ideas what is causing it? It is pretty annoying having to go through so much effort just to restart the task. 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
deleted-user-8TJ6jZDO1Rfr
New Contributor III

Thanks Gert!

0 Kudos
CassandraVerras
New Contributor II

I'm using 2.3 and just came across this issue. The project has been opened on a mirrored server, not sure if that is relevant. It worked for about 2 weeks and then the 'cannot locate' error came up. I will make sure to save locally to my machine and the machine for whom the task is set up for. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm using 2.4 and seeing this same problem. Does anyone have any updates on this issue? Thanks. 

0 Kudos