Hi, on some ArcGIS Pro computers in our lab, the Layout - Insert-ribbon does not contain any grid templates within the grid drop-down menu, it appears empty. How and from where can I load the ESRI standard grids into this drop-down menu?
You should not have to load anything.
Because you applied an arcgis pro 2.2.x tag to your post, I have done the following on my Windows 10 Version 1803 machine:
1. Installed ArcGIS Pro 2.2.
2. Applied Patch 4 for ArcGIS Pro 2.2
3. In an active layout view, I select the map frame in the Contents pane.
4. On the Insert tab, in the Map Frames group, I click Grid.
5. I can select a grid from the Gallery.
Please answer the following:
1. You stated "on some ArcGIS Pro computers in our lab". I assume that there are machines in your lab where you can successfully execute Step 5 above?
2. Have you tried running a Repair on ArcGIS Pro?
3. Are all machines in your lab running the same version of ArcGIS Pro?
4. Is ArcGIS Pro being installed to the same location for all machines?
5. What is the OS of the machines in your lab?
Thanx fort he quick reply. It will take some time to find out about the versions and patches. And yes, some machines did find the grids (step 5). The teaching lab is a room where our university’s main computing centre mirrors identical installation of programs so I would assume that version/patches are the same. A Repair would have to be done by the main computing centre, too. I will verify the versions/patches and then get back to you. The OS is Windows 10.
Best regards from Trier,
Dr. Rebecca Retzlaff
Umweltfernerkundung und Geoinformatik · FB VI – Raum- und Umweltwissenschaften · Universität Trier · Campus II, F34 · Behringstraße · 54296 Trier · Germany · ph +49 651 201 2887 · fax +49 651 201 3815 · email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Von: Dan Hopkins <email@example.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. April 2019 18:59
An: Retzlaff, Rebecca <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Betreff: Re: - Re: How to load grid styles to the grid menu
Re: How to load grid styles to the grid menu
reply from Dan Hopkins<https://community.esri.com/people/dan_hopkins-esristaff?et=watches.email.thread> in Mapping and Charting - View the full discussion<https://community.esri.com/message/848092-re-how-to-load-grid-styles-to-the-grid-menu?commentID=848092&et=watches.email.thread#comment-848092>
Retrieving data ...