update values in input connectors

Jump to solution
04-22-2019 06:52 AM
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I was looking for is there anyway to run a job and update a token(Header Parameter Name: Value lIst) in input connector type "poll an external website for json".

how to get control of input connector and update the fields in it.

Thanks In advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey MR -

I would recommend you take a look at the following blogs:

What you want to do requires you write a script or web application which uses the ArcGIS Server Administrative REST API. You can review available operations exposed by the Admin API:

1. Browse to https://my-machine.domain:6143/geoevent/admin
  2. Acquire a token from your ArcGIS Server (or Portal for ArcGIS if federated) and log-in
  3. In the top-left corner, click the API link to take you to the Swagger Doc for the GeoEvent Server Admin API
  4. Note the advice at the top of the page on how to authenticate your admin script's requests with the API

Good Luck -

RJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Hi MR Reddy

Just to clarify, are you looking to be able to have the input connector's Header Parameter Name:Value List property be automatically/programmatically updated while the input is running?

0 Kudos
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniel Cota

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I was looking for Header Parameter Name:Value List property to be automatically/programmatically updating.

In my case, I will pass token in the Header Parameter Name:Value  property,

token will expire in a week, so I created a separate code to generate token and store it in local file.

so am planning to get the token value from the file and automatically update in input connector.

can this be achieved or I need to create a new transport?

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey MR -

I would recommend you take a look at the following blogs:

What you want to do requires you write a script or web application which uses the ArcGIS Server Administrative REST API. You can review available operations exposed by the Admin API:

1. Browse to https://my-machine.domain:6143/geoevent/admin
  2. Acquire a token from your ArcGIS Server (or Portal for ArcGIS if federated) and log-in
  3. In the top-left corner, click the API link to take you to the Swagger Doc for the GeoEvent Server Admin API
  4. Note the advice at the top of the page on how to authenticate your admin script's requests with the API

Good Luck -

RJ

EricIronside
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Everyone,

I just updated my GitHub repository hosting the python scripts for my blog Scripting tasks using the GeoEvent Admin API - Update Inputs to include a python script that will update either URL Parameters OR Header name:value properties. Look for the python script UpdateGEEInputURLorHeadParam.py.

Best,

Eric I.

0 Kudos