Utility network for Telecommunications

Jump to solution
03-27-2018 06:35 AM
RajeshMane3
New Contributor III

Hi,

My name is Rajesh Mane. We are planning to implement Utility network for our existing datamodel. Our datamodel replicated from Ericson's Network Engineer data model. It built on geometric network principals.

Can any idea do we have anything similar which can ease our migration of existing datamodel to esri's utility network.

Does esri provides sample datamodel which built on UN for Telecommunications and fiber networks.

We would appreciate If ESRI throw some highlights on this topic as well.

In my search , I saw several topics in Utility network that supports GAS , WATER and Electric but not much on Telco side. If any one has implemented or migrated their telco network then pls share your experience.

I heard there is Utility network configuration extension required to built compressive datamodel. Any plans for release similar for telco ? If yes. By when ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh Mane

18 Replies
RajeshMane3
New Contributor III

Appreciate Howard for quick reply.

My organization is new to Pro. We want to stay away from Ericsson Network engineer.  As you have said we can still use our datamodel but we don't have it. Currently what we have is Ericsson Network engineer and its datamodel. We are in the process of creating our own telco datamodel but what we know is Geometric network. The current version is 9.3.1. Also as per my exploration on esri documentation UN has its extension for various stream (e.g. electric , Gas, water). So in that case do we need wait for that ? and how it gives benefit to UN Datamodel ?

IF we build our datamodel with some existing datamodel study , will we able leverage the benefits of UN functionalities that are currently available in Pro. In future as esri said earlier, if they come up with esri datamodel and UN extension for Telco how we can migrate. I need to understand this first. If you brief something on this lines would be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Rajesh Mane

TechM

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

My advice is to talk through those items with your Esri account manager.  I don't think a discussion forum is the best place to have a dialogue around the questions you are asking.

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

hcrothers-esristaff , Robert Krisher  do you have an update on this?

Is there a beta version of the model available?

Damien

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Damien,

I'm not an Esri person so I'm in the same boat as you 😃  The last status I saw on this was on another thread ( https://community.esri.com/thread/214206-esri-utility-network-configuration-and-migration-tool-statu... ) that quoted Q3 2019.  Here's hoping 😃

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

Hi Damien 

We don't have a beta version that we can share yet.  Currently, we are targeting a Q1 2020 release.

I updated the thread Robert shared above to reflect that date.  

Regards,

Howard

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Howard,

Is there any information on the model itself you can provide? Proposed data model? Proposed capability - ie is this just the bearers, or will it manage the individual fibers?

SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Damien Pyne‌ There will be an Esri blog that comes out soon that will provide that information. We'll be giving an update on the data model with intent that we get feedback and crowdsource a best of breed model with our users, and we'll be providing a list of capabilities that we are looking to provide at first release. 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Anything yet?

0 Kudos
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

This blog provides an update. https://community.esri.com/community/telecommunications/blog/2019/08/05/network-transformation-a-str... 

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos