Iterate raster model builder The table name is invalid. No spatial reference exists. Failed to execute (Times).

Jump to solution
04-03-2019 11:44 PM
jingweilian
New Contributor II

Hi, I want to build a model to iterate all my raster data in a folder through a value calculation process. I can run this on a single raster layer, so I should not miss any input or setting. But I haven't figure it out... 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The dot in the output name trying to write to gdb is the cause of your 999999 error. You cannot save a .tif inside a gdb. You cannot save a raster with a dot in its name either.  The fix is to use the Parse Path model-only tool to remove the .tif extension from Name or change the output location to a folder not a gdb. 

Raster names that start with a number are problematic too, so I would name the output img%Name1% where %Name1% is the output of the Parse Path tool that is Name with the .tif extension removed. In this case that would write an file gdb raster called img2016353

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try putting the *.tif files in a folder (no spaces or punctuation and rename them so their file names aren't so long and don't contain punctuation within the file name, then retry

0 Kudos
jingweilian
New Contributor II

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and create a test folder contain same name format *.tif files. But it still not working for me. 

However, I tried to change the output name from "%Name%" to "Name", this model will run and generate one single tiff file called "name".

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The dot in the output name trying to write to gdb is the cause of your 999999 error. You cannot save a .tif inside a gdb. You cannot save a raster with a dot in its name either.  The fix is to use the Parse Path model-only tool to remove the .tif extension from Name or change the output location to a folder not a gdb. 

Raster names that start with a number are problematic too, so I would name the output img%Name1% where %Name1% is the output of the Parse Path tool that is Name with the .tif extension removed. In this case that would write an file gdb raster called img2016353