Issues submitting Comments in Citizen Problem Manager

03-26-2019 07:55 AM
Labels (1)
JodyStroud1
New Contributor II

I am having an issue submitting multiple comment entries in Citizen Problem Manager.  There are instances when one of the features (ex: Blight Issues) will not allow a single comment entry.  Are there any attributes that I'm overlooking that need to be configured to allow mulitple comments entries?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JodyStroud1
New Contributor II

The comments are present in the associated/related Comments table, however, I cannot find where all of the comments are located, to be viewed, in the app itself.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Jody Stroud

Comments issues are usually traceable to an issue with the relationship between the feature layer and the comment table. How did you build this relationship? What fields did you use for the primary and foreign keys? Are you able to see the correct comments associated with features in the AGOL map viewer (click a feature in the map to bring up the popup and click the 'View related records' link at the bottom of the popup)?

More information about the issue you are encountering would help with additional troubleshooting steps. For example:

- When you say will not allow a single comment entry, what exactly are you doing and how is the application responding?

- Are you able to submit comments at all? Is the comment appearing in the Comments tab? Is the RIGHT comment appearing?

- Are you getting any error messages in the application or in the browser console?

0 Kudos
JodyStroud1
New Contributor II

Not quite understanding your first question, but I built a relationship class between each feature class and the associated comments table.  Below is the properties for the relationship class.  I can see all of the comments in the appropriate comments attribute table, however, only one comment (what looks like the first comment) appears per entry when clicking the related records link. 

As for the second set of questions; I am testing the entering of comments in both the comments section of the Citizen Problem Reporter and Citizen Problem Manager.  Below, I've already entered a "comment" that has registered.  If I attempt to edit, or add a new record, and save (submit) it, this is the same screen I will see after I've attempted to submit a new comment.  There are no error messages that pop up.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the screenshots. The issue is the relationship keys. The relationship is currently configured so that comments are being related to the features using the OBJECTID fields of both the feature class (primary key) and the table (foreign key).

A relationship should work such that the value from the primary key field is written to the foreign key field every time a new record is created in the related table. This means that all comments related to the feature that has OBJECTID 1 (primary key value) should also have the value 1 in their foreign key field, which in your case is also set to the OBJECTID field.

OBJECTID is both a system field, which means that values are generated for it - they can not be specified, and it is the unique key field for the table which means that it cannot contain duplicate values. For these reasons, you are only able to 'relate' one comment with each of your features, and the wrong comment will be associated with each feature because OBJECTID values are generated sequentially.

To fix this, please take a look at the information in step 3 of this topic for configuring the report-comment table relationship for Crowdsource Reporter: http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/crowdsource-reporter/get-started/configure-app/#vo...

JodyStroud1
New Contributor II

Thank you.  This works perfectly.  I see what the issue was and why it was happening. 

0 Kudos