Crash in runtimecore.dll

03-20-2019 04:28 AM
HenrikVatnar
New Contributor

Hi

I'm getting a strange crash in the arcgis qt sdk runtimecore.dll when running an application using a scene view.

It always exits with the following exception:

Exception thrown at 0x00007FFC781DA08D (runtimecore.dll) in test.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000008. (Not in the Main thread)

I can't be completely sure, but by trial and error I think I've narrowed it down to calling GraphicListModel::removeOne while at the same time doing zooming/panning.

I'm calling GraphicListModel::removeOne quite often(Main thread) because I'm trying to remove Graphics objects when they go outside of the sceneview extent.

Could I be doing something illegal when I try to remove graphics from the overlay? Is there a certain way it needs to be done?

Just for testing I've tried to avoid deleting the graphics(only call removeOne) but it still seems to crash. However if I just make the graphics invisible and don't remove them from the model it doesn't seem to crash(But leads to a "small" memory leak )

Anyone seen the same problem?

Based on the exception I guess it could be a missing nullptr check somewhere in the runtimecore? Or I might be doing something horribly wrong somewhere else.

I'm using: windows 10, arcgis qt sdk 100.4 and qt 5.12.0

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you deleting the Graphics? RemoveOne will remove it from the list but will not delete the object. If you are deleting the graphic after/while you remove it from the list model, I think you are likely hitting this bug, which is fixed in 100.5 - BUG-000117464: Modifying the graphics list and deleting the graphic..  

0 Kudos
HenrikVatnar
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah it sounds like the same problem, but from

what I could see it seems to happen even if I avoid deleting the graphic.

I'm not in any rush so I'll wait for the 100.5 and see what happens. Thanks

again!

0 Kudos