Capital Projects Dashboard : Feature Layers are Confusing!?

03-05-2018 09:17 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Feature Layer : Infrastructure Projects

Summary : Infrastructure projects identified by project leads responsible for maintenance and improvement of public infrastructure.

Description : Infrastructure projects identified by project leads responsible for maintenance and improvement of public infrastructure.

Feature Layer : InfrastructureProjects_allfundedprojects

Summary : A public view of the InfrastructureProjects layer used by public works personnel to review all funded capital projects and revise those projects as they make their way through the construction life cycle.

Description : A public view of the InfrastructureProjects layer used by public works personnel to review all funded capital projects and revise those projects as they make their way through the construction life cycle.

I'm trying to figure out which layer to use, why to use it, and just get general directions on usage. I'm drawing a blank.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SaraFrankenfeld
New Contributor III

Thanks so much.  I ended up just re-creating the dashboard from scratch using my own geodatabase and using the Capital Projects Dashboard as a basis for the design, and it's working great.

0 Kudos
AL_77
by
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I noticed that these comments were from March. Are there any updates on documentation for the Capital Projects Dashboard? I am currently setting it up for use & thankfully came across this thread & was able to better understand the configuration and table relationships, but only after already using trial/error for almost a day.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alison,

We recently released a Getting To Know Capital Project Planning story map to learn.arcgis.com. This story map describes all the apps that com with the Capital Project Planning solution and how the projects flow through the apps as the status changes on the individual projects.

NorthSouthGIS
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the story map. This is useful, but not quite the documentation I was hoping for. I am looking for something more technical and geared towards a user who already wants to use the capital project planning solutions and understand the details of how the schema is set up and how the applications can be configured. 

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

The story map is the first step in a learning pathway we plan on building for the Capital Project Planning solution. We plan on also adding How To Use and Configuring topics that dive deeper into these areas. You can see an example of when we recently released for our Citizen Problem Reporter solution. We are working on these additional topics this fall and will post to this thread when they are available.

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/paths/getting-started-with-citizen-problem-reporter/

0 Kudos