Geocoding in Pro- Unmatch address record

11-06-2018 06:53 AM
AndrewSmeltz
New Contributor

I am geocoding an address list. I have processed the list with the world geocoding locator, and I am now reviewing the matched, tied, and unmatched records using the rematch address geocoding tool. Some of address records have insufficient data for matching, such as only a street name.  Some records with insufficient address data were matched during the geocoding, and I would like unmatch them or change their status from matched (status = m) to unmatch (status = u). I can not find an easy way to do this. Can anyone instruct me? Thanks!

ArcGIS Pro v. 2.2.3

-Andrew

5 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Just to clarify, are you using the Rematch Addresses pane or the Rematch Addresses geoprocessing tool? There are a few options that should get you going.

1. Use the Rematch Addresses pane to review the matched addresses and if there is another candidate available select the candidate and click the green check mark to set it as matched. In the top section of the Rematch Addresses pane you can add other fields from the geocode result to show and maybe that might help in the review process.

2. You could modify the Status field in the attribute table of the geocode result to change it from 'M' to 'U', then right-click the feature class in the Table of Contents and select data > rematch addresses to go through and review those unmatched ones again. The select by Attributes tool can be helpful in selecting certain records you want to change the status of, then using the Calculate Field tool to change the value of the selected records.

0 Kudos
DavidSemitekol
New Contributor

I also have this question.  Sometimes I have to geocode less than perfect address lists.  Every so often an address is found that I do not want to match to anything.  I'm with Andrew on this.  Can you add a feature so that we can right click on the address and select Unmatch?

This would be helpful because it is not always our list that we are geocoding.  For example, I receive the list from a coworker and I need to be able to go back to the coworker and say x% matched, x% tied, x% unmatched and here is the list of addresses that did not match.

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

This would definitely be useful.  Please support this #good idea over in the Ideas section:

Check out https://community.esri.com/ideas/16338 .

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

An unmatch  button was added to the Rematch Addresses pane to allow you to unmatch matched or tied addresses in ArcGIS Pro 2.4. An option to match all selected records as well as the ability to auto rematch were also added for 2.4.

"Click Match All Selected Match All Selected if you have selected a group of records manually or created a selection set based on a custom query and need to match all of the selected records to a single candidate. For example, a group of records contains the same wrong city or postal code and you want to match them all to the same candidate at once. Using Match All Selected Match All Selected will speed up the process of rematching your geocoded feature class."

"There are cases when you may want to perform a bulk update of multiple records without going through each one manually. This can be due to changes made to any of the locator properties, such as minimum match score or categories to support. In this case, you can initiate the auto rematch functionality to redo the matching process by clicking Auto Rematch Auto Rematch. This will only apply to the selected records if you have selected one of the Predefined Queries, created a selection based on a custom query, or manually selected records in the Attribute Table Open Table of the geocoded feature class. If no selection is defined, all records will be processed."

TanyaAriowitsch
New Contributor

Maybe this should be a new post. I am using the Rematch Addresses pane in Pro 2.4.2.  When I select Unmatch the current address all the attributes for that record disappear.  It makes sense all the geocoding attributes would be removed, but I'd like to keep the records even if they are not geocoded.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

0 Kudos