Why won't my shapefile upload?

Jump to solution
03-06-2019 10:21 AM
JaimeFrye
New Contributor II

I am trying to upload a shapefile from Desktop to ArcGIS Online.

The file components have been zipped, all of the data on the form is filled out correctly, but when I click on "Add Item" literally nothing happens. I don't get an error or any sign that the button is doing anything.

The problem is not in the file, or the process in which I am trying to upload. I tested both of those on a different computer and they both worked just fine. It also isn't my user account. I tried using my account on the other computer and it worked, and my coworker tried using his account on my computer and it did not work.

Any thoughts on what could be going on here? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamie, 

Are you using Chrome and have the recent update (72.0.3626.119 )? We have a known issue with this that the newest update causes this exact behavior (clicking on Add Item does nothing). Workarounds to try are to use the incognito mode or use a different browser! Hopefully this helps!

Best, 

Allie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jaime,

Sounds like you have ruled out a lot. It could possibly be an issue with the browser- have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Best,

Claire

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

To ad to Claire's remarks, sometimes Chrome has a hic up when uploading to AGOL.  Try a different browser or go to incognito mode. 

That should just about do it....
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jamie, 

Are you using Chrome and have the recent update (72.0.3626.119 )? We have a known issue with this that the newest update causes this exact behavior (clicking on Add Item does nothing). Workarounds to try are to use the incognito mode or use a different browser! Hopefully this helps!

Best, 

Allie

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
JaimeFrye
New Contributor II

You all are BRILLIANT! 

The incognito browser worked like a charm. That's way better than having to remote into the other computer to do this.

Thank you so much!