How can I add some different car models in the complete street rule?

02-17-2019 09:02 AM
Halil_İbrahimŞenol
New Contributor II

Hello,

I want to add some different car models in the complete street rule. But I cannot manage the .obj models. Because when I add the new models in the car assets folder, the model's directions and scale could be wrong. So I want to ask you, how can I add the .obj car models in that directory. And how can I manage the problem that occurs as directions and scale? Thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

Where are your different cars/3D models coming from? To achieve the proper results, you will want to standardize the direction/rotation of all of your 3D assets so the rule file places them with consistency. I'd suggest using Blender/SketchUp/3ds Max to cleanup your models and make sure there is consistency with their scale, orientation, and center point. From there it may be some simple edits to the Complete Streets Rule to get your new cars in. It should be very simple if your 3D objects are well organized.

David Wasserman

Halil_İbrahimŞenol
New Contributor II

Yes you are right because my 3D models coming from different internet sources. I will try to do that. Thank you.

DavidWasserman

Hi All, 

Sorry I have not logged on in a while. 

Generally when you add models, you need to make sure they are aligned to match the OBJs already in the folder. I have been also looking for new vehicles/objs to add to the rule so if you have anything that you think might be worth adding, let me know. 

Once you create the files, make sure they generally match the naming conventions in the folder. The rule searches for specific objs using wild cards when allocating vehicles. So, if you have a plain car, don't label it as a Taxi_XXXX.obj.

David

David Wasserman, AICP
DavidWasserman

Supplementary information on the rule can be read here too if you want more information about it: 

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-6251-complete-street-rule-documentation-user-guidepdf 

David Wasserman, AICP
Halil_İbrahimŞenol
New Contributor II

Thank you for your answer. I will let you know when I have nice car models.