Arcgis Pro - Share as Geodata Service

08-15-2018 07:59 AM
MuratDemircan
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there anyone before try to share geodata service in ARGIS PRO like we use button "Share as Geodata Service..." in Arcmap?

I searched for documents about this. But it always led me to Arcmap.

Is there anyone know how to share geodatabase in Arcgis server by using Arcgis Pro?

11 Replies
deleted-user-jQabWmRafJc9
New Contributor III

I have the same question.

0 Kudos
CarlosKrefft
Occasional Contributor

Same question

0 Kudos
ConnorFriese
New Contributor II

Murat Demircan

This is a good question. Right now, it doesn't seem like sharing a geodata service with ArcGIS Pro is an option.

What is the intended purpose for the geodata service?

I primarily see geodata services used for replication.

However, replica workflows like "Create Replica" and "Synchronize Changes" are not available with ArcGIS Pro.

Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro—Appendices | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

There is some vigorous discussion surrounding SDE replication functionality in Pro, or lack thereof: Replication Tool Support for ArcGIS ProReplication Tools in Prohttps://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2018/10/04/working-with-distri..., with a great deal of concern surrounding what is perceived as a requirement that the underlying data be tied to a web services model in order to participate in "replication-like" scenarios, and a disappointing lack of disputing the perception, which leads to, be sure to vote on Pro: Bring back the Manage Replicas tool.

0 Kudos
GeorgeStrebel
New Contributor III

Has anyone tested the new replication tools that were added in the ArcPro 2.5 release last week (first week of February 2020)? the look and feel are different but the Create Replica and Synchronize change geoprocessing tools are now available along with a versioning/rec and post tool on the ribbon. However what I can not find is how to publish a Geodata Service out of Pro to ArcServer and I am getting an error message when I try to used the one I had previously created in desktop.  The Error message is, ERROR 002950: Replication Error: CreateReplica error: ImportData failed because existing datasets collide with datasets to be imported."  Anyone else had a similar experience? 

0 Kudos
Mandalorian
New Contributor III

Connor Friese‌ / Kory Kramer‌ - Any updates on this?

We're wondering if publishing Geodata Services is going to be supported from ArcGIS Pro in the near future. I'm curious because we've gone live with Attribute Rules in ArcGIS Pro and that is a problem since Geodata Services can only be published from ArcMap.

The reason that's a problem is because once you apply an Attribute Rule to a Feature Class, you can no longer view that data in ArcMap. And if that Feature Class was published as a Map/Feature Service that was originally published from ArcMap it will no longer work. You have to republish the service from ArcGIS Pro to fix it.

With that being said... If Geodata Services can only be published from ArcMap, then replication workflows will no longer work on those Feature Classes/Datasets that have Attribute Rules applied to them.

arcgis-pro‌ #attribute-rules#geodata service

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am encountering this exact same issue. Any resolution that you know of? I see the thread has gone quite...

0 Kudos
GeorgeStrebel
New Contributor III

Jared,

I have not seen any resolution but discovered other issues in trying to set up DB replication using ArcPro and the ArcMap published geodata service.   The workaround, that we have been testing is to create the replica in ArcMap then use that replica in ArcPro.   So far that seems to work for our situation however testing has not been completed. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

George,

Good to know, thanks! Yeah I was a bit surprised that the create replica tool in Pro seemed to only be able to connect to a DB rather than an existing Geodata Service. I guess I had misinterpreted the abilities when reading replication in Pro. At a quick glance I thought I could connect to existing GDS published via Catalog. 

0 Kudos