Will this be fixed in 2.3.1? "Download Map" downloads EVERYTHING for offline editing

Jump to solution
02-27-2019 01:23 PM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I was hoping to see this fixed in 2.3. A very common editing workflow that works in ArcMap is to have many layers in a map, with most of them from AGOL/Portal/ArcGIS Server, and right click on 1 (ONE) and select "Download for offline editing". You just get that one layer. In Pro, there is no such choice, when you hit "Download Map", anything that is offline-capable in your TOC, gets downloaded. The problem is instead of waiting 10 seconds or 1 minute to get the single (1, ONE) layer you want to edit, you wait 1 or 10 minutes while all (EVERYTHING) is downloaded. 

"Just have a single layer in the map" really isn't a workaround, as most editors typically reference off other layers, and firing off a separate map in the Pro project just for editing adds a lot of unnecessary extra steps and duplication where in ArcMap this operation is a simple right-click to download a single layer for offline editing. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hey again, Tom.  We have an internal development item for this. Ping me if you need an issue created through support for tracking purposes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tom, was this a request logged somewhere (ENH, BUG or Idea), to give us a reference for the request?

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 Patch 1 was released today: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13060-arcgis-pro-23-patch-1 

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Kory Kramer‌ this falls into one of those Arc Map Equivalency issues that is so obvious, I wouldn't think it needs a bug or an enhancement request. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Got it, Tom.  Asking whether it would be fixed in a patch made it sound like you had a bug (equivalency) logged for it since patches address bugs and crashes.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hey again, Tom.  We have an internal development item for this. Ping me if you need an issue created through support for tracking purposes.