Map series using both portrait and landscape?

02-20-2019 04:06 PM
TommyBrown1
New Contributor

I want to make a map series in ArcGIS pro for 6 different regions in the state of Washington. half of the regions would display better on a portrait layout, while the other half would be better displayed on a landscape. Is there a way to set this property, i.e these 3 regions set to landscape..these 3 regions set to portrait? Would this require the creation of two different map series layouts to achieve the desired result?

2 Replies
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Tommy. We have often similar map series (115 counties in our state and many legislative boundaries, etc.) and have to use two DDP series (portrait and landscape) for each mapping project. I do not know of a way to customize  and use just one... I will be watching for a solution. Thank for posting this!

Good luck,

Joe

TrevorMillen
New Contributor III

Hello,

I also would find this feature incredibly helpful or even the two map series layout option with how you select which boundary gets added to which map? Do I have to split my feature, or add a field to tell it LS or P configuration? 

My crew boundary maps, regional maps and even each Roadway x 1000 would be great to make using the map series.Anyone have a process to query a feature > and save the results if a polygon or polyline is LS or P?

Currently I am going to analyze the feature layer for LS or P and record in a new field then filter on that field. Make two map series 1 LS and 1 P then filter the data on my new field. Thoughts?