ArcGIS Online Edits Not Saving

04-01-2015 06:44 AM
ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I recently created a web map using multiple feature services.  The feature services were published with Update and Query feature access operations.  After adding them to the map, I configured their attributes, and enabled editing.  Everything appears to work - I click on the feature I want to update, change the attribute, and move on.  However, once I save the map, the edits I made are reverted.  I know this because the symbology of the feature layer uses the field I am editing.  So I can see the edit being made and also reverting back to it's original value.

Here are some screenshots of the issue I am seeing:

I want to edit the valve's open attribute:

Valve1.JPG

I click the valve and click edit:

Valve2.JPG

I change the Currently Open attribute, notice the symbology change:

Valve3.JPG

Edit appears to be made:

Valve4.JPG

I save the map:

Valve5.JPG

After the save is complete, I pan the map (causing a refresh of the data), and the edit is gone:

Valve6.JPG

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Chris B.

Tags (2)
17 Replies
NorthSouthGIS
Occasional Contributor II

On an off I have experienced similar issues. Unfortunately, when I go to the Network console, my applyEdit activity doesn't show any errors. In fact it doesn't show anything! 

{addResults: [], updateResults: [], deleteResults: []}
addResults
:
[]
deleteResults
:
[]
updateResults
:
[]

This is the text. It should have coordinates for my updated location since I moved a point.. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
AndyAnderson

February 27, 2019: I’ve created a point feature layer that is shared within a group.  I create a point, but any content that I paste into a Rich Text Field in either a pop-up dialog or a table view isn’t being saved, except under rare circumstances whose requirements I can’t figure out. At first I thought it was just Word content, but it’s also content copied from a plain text editor. If I type it in, it’s saved. I am, of course, closing the dialog and choosing save from the menu.

I have tried this on Windows and Mac, with Firefox and Chrome on both platforms, as well as Safari on Mac, with the same effect.

This is incredibly frustrating, as some of this content is long passages that would take a long time to retype.

0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS

Have you tried right click > paste as plain text ?

0 Kudos
AndyAnderson

I have, with no effect. That was actually the first thing I thought of because of issues I’ve previously seen with Web editing tools like TinyMCE.

By the way, that menu option is available in Chrome, but not in Firefox. In both browsers, though, I can use control-shift-x (Windows) or command-shift-x (Mac)

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm also having the issue of geometry not being saved using the edit tool. 

Nothing is coming up in the Console when I try to edit. 

However when I go back into the  edit properties I am getting a pile of errors about "Cannot read proper '_clearSelection' of null", "Cannot read property 'style' of null".  Then other times when I go into the edit properties I get no error - but still no geometry editing.

It does however work fine in the Smart Editor tool - but it is annoying that you must first press that you want to edit geometry rather than get straight into it.  For this case I'm wanting the person to only edit geometry not attributes.

0 Kudos
NorthSouthGIS

For me, it was the fact that I tried to publish the hosted service with complex symbology and arcmap downgraded the symbology in the process. Try re publishing with basic symbology and then setting up the symbology you really want directly in AGOL to be sure the symbology is compatible.

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm publishing from Pro - I love the AGOL/Pro simplicity. I hadn't changed the symbology from what was set automatically set when the layer was first created so I'm hoping that's not the issue?  

I have viewed my AGOL layer in Pro to then try and republish but I am now getting errors saying that the required layer type is incorrect and the data source isn't supported.

0 Kudos
AnnaritaMacri
New Contributor II

Not sure if similar but it sounds like it.  I'm trying to add new point features using the SmartEditor and it is not saving the data or location.  The point just disappears.  I made sure the symbology has a feature template and still nothing.  I'm able to save a point in AGOL FeatureMap, but not in WebApp Builder.  Never had this problem before until last week.  I'm wondering if there is a Bug regarding SmartEditor or WebApp builder itself.  esri dev‌ any insight on this issue?

0 Kudos