Can I create a collaboration from arcsde reference feature service to a local hosted read only copy?

Jump to solution
02-13-2019 03:50 PM
JaredYost3
New Contributor III

The only way I can seem to get collaboration copy to work is if I select copy all data during the  generation of the source feature service.  If I copy all of the data than any web edits to the feature will not propagate to the arcsde server. the edits apply to a local hosted copy on the portal.  

So long story short is there a way to get it to copy from a reference feature service?  I am basically trying to create an automated read only version for public view vs a in house editable view that points to the sde database.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jared,

Yes you will be able to share the feature layer (from your Enterprise GDB) as a copy to Portal 2, you just need to ensure the feature layer is sync-enabled before publishing from Pro to Portal.  

See the documentation below: 

Share feature layers from an enterprise geodatabase—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps! 

Joel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jared,

Yes you will be able to share the feature layer (from your Enterprise GDB) as a copy to Portal 2, you just need to ensure the feature layer is sync-enabled before publishing from Pro to Portal.  

See the documentation below: 

Share feature layers from an enterprise geodatabase—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps! 

Joel

JaredYost3
New Contributor III

Thank you Joel for the response, I was able to get the workflow finally. My battle now is with getting it to work with attachments.  From what I can tell I have followed all the guidance.  Gloabal IDs etc.

Do you think that workflow will work with attachments?

Thanks again

0 Kudos