How do I get back a map?

Jump to solution
01-22-2019 11:57 AM
CharlesQuadrini
New Contributor II

I am working on rolling out ArcGIS Maps for Office to a few users at my business and I am trying to instruct them to NOT click the remove "X" on the map, as to not break the connection and then cause the creation of duplicate layers upon sharing.

Is there a way, other than documenting and drilling in their heads not to do it, to recover a map in the event it is accidently removed?

Thanks,

C

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShannonChavez
Occasional Contributor

Hello Charles, first and foremost, I am super happy to hear you are implementing Maps for Office within your business. Secondly, I have to apologize because there is not a current recovery option when the is closed on a map.

However, one suggestion that came to mind would be for you to essentially 'hold' the master copy. Sharing your saved master and allow others to edit a 'copy'. Or perhaps the individual could also create a master copy each day and have a working copy. I know my suggestions aren't ideal so I will definitely be taking this workflow back to our team to see what we can do in future releases. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShannonChavez
Occasional Contributor

Hello Charles, first and foremost, I am super happy to hear you are implementing Maps for Office within your business. Secondly, I have to apologize because there is not a current recovery option when the is closed on a map.

However, one suggestion that came to mind would be for you to essentially 'hold' the master copy. Sharing your saved master and allow others to edit a 'copy'. Or perhaps the individual could also create a master copy each day and have a working copy. I know my suggestions aren't ideal so I will definitely be taking this workflow back to our team to see what we can do in future releases.