Trouble publishing web layer from Pro to AGOL when using contingent values

02-01-2019 10:23 AM
deleted-user-W9CkFLpqb-lQ
New Contributor

Hi there, I'm fairly new to the GIS world, so please forgive me for any ignorance.

Essentially what I'm attempting to do is create a collector app to acquire data for different types of road damages (e.g.,  throughout the County. 

What I want is for certain fields to have contingent values based upon the user's selection of a road stress. For example, when a user selects "pothole" as a road stress I want a drop-down list of sizes for the pothole to appear for the user to select (i.e., 12', 18", 24", etc.). I don't want this for every field selectionjust potholes.

I've included some screenshots. Unfortunately the error message I get back when trying to publish is pretty vague and not much help. 

I've tested and made sure I can publish that same feature class as a web layer when I DON'T have contingent values associated with it. But as soon as I add them, I get an error and am unable to publish.

Hopefully this makes some sense. Thank you advance for your help!

1 Reply
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi, I'm having issues with publishing with contingent values as well, but I didn't get the no feature template error. I usually fix that one by just clicking on the Edit tab in pro to enter an edit session, clicking on Create, then closing/navigating away from Edit and publishing it again. You could also get fancier with creating your templates: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/create-a-feature-template.htm. Does that work for you then?

0 Kudos