How to add survey 123 form to existing map

01-31-2019 06:17 AM
Labels (1)
CharlesBrown
New Contributor

I have created a map with a layer for storm drain outfalls. I then created a survey 123 form and now trying to get the survey to show up on the map to be able to add data at the outfall. Is there a way to do this to use the app in the field with the prepopulated points. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

Charles, I was just doing some research into this while planning for a project. I haven't gotten to try implementing this yet, but it might be enough to get you started.

It looks like there's two ways to integrate Survey123 with your existing data. 

The first is to use the inbox feature of Survey123 to bring your existing data into the form. There's a good video by Esri showing this workflow, with a link in the description.

The second option may be more useful to you since you already have a map. In Collector, you can configure a pop-up to include your survey-url (set in the settings tab of XLSForm sheet). When clicked, this brings up the survey in the pop-up and allows you to edit attributes in the existing data by filling out your survey.

In both cases, I believe you need to create your survey to match your existing feature service. Here's a great GeoNet post by Ismael Chivite that explains how to do this in depth, and includes some discussion of accessing surveys through pop-ups.

Hopefully this helps - and if anyone knows of another way to integrate existing data with Survey123, I'd love to hear it!

0 Kudos
CharlesBrown
New Contributor

I saw the first answer and I have the new Survey123 not connect and I made a survey (the app only has collection not inbox). I have a map created and I am trying to connect the survey123 form to the existing data point. How do I get survey 123 to have the inbox to the map with the existing data point so that I can fill out the form for that particular data point?

Charles Brown, CFM

Stormwater Program Analyst

Town of Cary, Water Resources Department

PO Box 8005 | Cary, NC 27512-8005

316 N. Academy Street | Cary, NC 27513

phone: 919.469.4038

charles.brown@townofcary.org<mailto:charles.brown@townofcary.org>

In keeping with the NC Public Records Act, e-mails and all attachments may be released to others upon request for inspection and copying without prior notification

0 Kudos
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

You will need to change the settings in Survery123 Connect in order to enable the inbox. I don't believe this setting can be changed in the normal Survey123 app. Here's an image of where you can find the relevant setting.Enable Inbox under Settings -> Inbox -> Inbox Mode -> Enabled

0 Kudos
CharlesBrown
New Contributor

I do not have the form in survey connect I used the web designer to make the form not 123 connect.

Charles Brown, CFM

Stormwater Program Analyst

Town of Cary, Water Resources Department

PO Box 8005 | Cary, NC 27512-8005

316 N. Academy Street | Cary, NC 27513

phone: 919.469.4038

charles.brown@townofcary.org<mailto:charles.brown@townofcary.org>

In keeping with the NC Public Records Act, e-mails and all attachments may be released to others upon request for inspection and copying without prior notification

0 Kudos
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

I see. I don't have any experience with web designer unfortunately.

0 Kudos