AFA Bonus Tools Fatal Error on Loading cuix in Civil 3D 2019

01-30-2019 01:48 PM
JoshuaVan_Buskirk2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to add bonus tool to AutoCAD and keep getting a fatal error. I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019. I tried to load the cuix file by going to Manage>CUI Interface>Main Customization File>Open Button> afa_bonustools.cuix>OK. This causes "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008 Exceptionh at 257708B8h."

Am I adding the bonus tools incorrectly? Is there something else I should be doing? I added the directory the bonus tools files are in to my trusted folders. 

Thank you

Josh

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

I haven’t tried loading specifically on AutoCAD 2019.

When I updated my AutoCAD 2019 and even the new 2020 Qubit Beta, the upgrade tool of the AutoCAD installer just added the menus for me.

I will look into it when I get time. You might try loading on earlier version and upgrading in the meantime?

-Don

0 Kudos
JoshuaVan_Buskirk2
New Contributor II

I also just tried it on C3D 2017 and I am getting the same error. Thank you

Josh

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

I have a video on my YouTube channel where I showed what I did with the Manage Tab to build the menus manually….

I start to talk about installation at around 6:17 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vV2LscXtVQ&list=PLHTg8zWG0OunfoXfgWWSTvU0UTCFs6ebl&index=1

-Don

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Might also have to do with your Preferences and Trusted Directories for Loading the AutoLISP ?

0 Kudos
JoshuaVan_Buskirk2
New Contributor II

Thank you for all of the replies. I made sure I set the directory the files are in to trusted folders

as the documentation suggests, what preferences should I look at?

0 Kudos
JoshuaVan_Buskirk2
New Contributor II

I actually played around with it for a while and got the icons to load (I had to put everything in a different folder), but I get "error: load failed" on almost all when I click on them. Edit block definition, Assign Coordinate System, Add Esri Map and Locate seem to be the only ones that open something when I click on them.