Add GIS service issue on Portal Federated GIS service

01-28-2019 11:53 AM
HelenZhou
Occasional Contributor II

Autodesk Autocad 2017, ArcGIS for Autocad 370

I am having issue when adding a GIS server in Autocad. The arcgis server is federated with Portal for ArcGIS. The Portal for ArcGIS is authenticated with Windows Authentication. I am able to add the GIS server to Autocad. But all secured services are not available.

Thanks for any help.

Helen

0 Kudos
6 Replies
HelenZhou

I have got the answer from Don Kuehne. From him, ArcGIS for AutoCAD 370 still doesn't understand the identity within the Portal. So any secured services are not available when connect the federated ArcGIS server. 400 may be the version that adds support for hosted services both in Portal and Online.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Helen,

I want to be more precise. ArcGIS for AutoCAD 370 does support secure services federated with Portal. To access this information the “secure” service must be made available to everyone in the organization to access it. Which for most situations is defeats the secure nature of the services. But technically the secure services are supported. ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400 which will fully support identity in portal and online will be available summer of 2019.

-Don

0 Kudos
HelenZhou

Thanks Don for clarification. Do you have an estimated release time frame for ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400?

0 Kudos
AndrewStearns1
New Contributor II

Don, Any update you would be able to provide on ArcGIS for AutoCAD 400?

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

The new target is summer 2019 which is probably Aug/Sept...  

AndrewStearns1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update Don. Keep at it, looking forward to the future functionality of this tool!

0 Kudos