Attribute Assistant - Nearest Feature

04-23-2018 07:21 AM
ChrisWalker4
New Contributor III

I cannot seem to get the nearest feature working through my dynamic value table.

Using the Sign Inventory Deployment I want to Auto Apply the Nearest Pole FACILITYID to a field in my sign Inventory called Pole_ID

Seems simple enough but I get no results, other more basic rules are working like AutoNumber and X_Coordinate etc.

I have attached a shot of my current DynamicValues table

Any thoughts?

Arcmap 10.4.1

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewBrachman1
New Contributor

I am have the same issues of Nearest_Feature not working while a geometric network is in the same geodatabase.

I am running:

ArcMap 10.5.1

Attribute Assistant 2018.5

0 Kudos
GregoryBurda
New Contributor II

We we're told by Mr. Miller that deleting the GN is all you need to do, if that is not working, you need to work with Tech Support and get a bug logged.

We also found that another problem with the AA is that the feature had subtypes associated with it. We had to go into the subtypes tab and add the Domain to the Field Name for each subtype. Then we had to go into the Fields Tab and associate the Field Name with the Domain.

We also ran into an issue where I had changed the name of the Water main (where it was pulling the PressureSystem info) in the TOC (Table of Contents) and it didn’t like that. I had to change it back to what it was called in SDE.

After making those changes, AA populated the full text description rather than the coded value.

There are still a few instances where I can't get the Nearest_Features to work with other features.  We're still working on trying to find a solution.

ArcMap 10.6.1

Attribute Assistant 2018.1.17

0 Kudos