Bug with missing data in nests

08-24-2018 01:12 AM
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have been made aware of a bug where relevant questions are not displayed in the first record of a repeat, if accessed from the Drafts, Sent or Inbox.  This means data recorded in the first nest of repeats is potentially going missing unless it is submitted straight away.  Could you let me know when a fix will be released for this as it is a big issue for us.

Many thanks,
Claire 

Tags (1)
39 Replies
AdrianHughes3
Occasional Contributor

We also have this issue. Any update on when this will be fixed in a release version?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adrian,

We are working to have this resolved in the next update of Survey123 (version 3.2) which should be released in the next 4-6 weeks.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adrian,

Just an update to let you know that we have been working on the issues described in this post and a lot of progress has been made with repeats/nested repeats and defaults/calculations/relevants/groups and missing values when opening the survey, so we believe the issue has been resolved for our upcoming 3.2 release which is due end of January. 

If you have time, can you please check out the latest 3.2 RC builds (Connect 3.2.192 and App 3.2.262) available on EAC here: Welcome to our Feedback Community and provide any feedback. The sooner we can get feedback the sooner we can address any outstanding issues before the release.

Regards,

Phil.

João_CarlosPinto_Fernandes
New Contributor III

Good Morning,

Yesterday I tested the release candidate 3.2.192 Connect to publish and 3.2.262 Field App to fill out my Survey.

However, it did not allow me to fill in 'nested repeats' the way I want.

When I finish filling the first repeat and I intend to move on to the next, I'm not allowed to advance. First I have to fill in the mandatory fields on the questions ahead.

It's not allowed to fill in the repeats without first filling the questions that are asked after the repeats.

I would appreciate cooperation since I've been waiting a long time for a solution to this problem.

Thank you for your effort.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi João,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I was able to reproduce the issue that you are encountering and we will be looking to determine the cause.  Please stay tuned for an update, and thank you for your continued patience.

Brandon

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Joao Fernandes‌ This issue has been fixed in our daily builds. We are currently proceeding through release certification and will make available an update as soon as possible. Likely around the end of January.

AdrianHughes3
Occasional Contributor

We have tested the windows release candidate and issue is resolved. The first nested record is present when editing a survey

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Good afternoon

Attached is a small test file.

Can you see my problem?

After filling the first record inside the repeat does not let me move.

Thank you

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Good afternoon

Attached is a small test file.

Can you see my problem?

After filling the first record inside the repeat does not let me move.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Just to stay I have been testing the new beta (Connect 3.2.192 and App 3.2.262) for the last few days, and the issue with data missing from repeats appears to be fixed - so fingers crossed!

Claire