ArcGIS Pro - Paste from excel to attribute table

02-12-2018 10:47 AM
DWR_AlexMccomb
New Contributor II

Is there a way to paste from excel into multiple cells in an attribute table in ArcGIS Pro? There is a solution for ArcMap (Understanding how to edit values in a table—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop), but I can't find a solution for ArcGIS Pro.

I need to be able to replace columns with data from excel.  Thanks.

13 Replies
StephanieSmith
New Contributor III

That's disappointing! Cell by cell is part of the problem in our workflow. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Clarification on statuses:

1. This is Not in Current Product Plan because it is a Duplicate of an existing issue.

2. That existing issue IS In Product Plan:

This work requires some re-engineering in Pro tables so it isn't just a simple thing, but is something that the development team is working on.  I don't think the correct message here is that it won't happen.  The status of In Product Plan is correct as far as I know at this point.  I just can't say exactly when it will happen.  The soonest will be ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

StephanieSmith
New Contributor III

Thank you for that clarification. I'm glad to hear that it is being worked on! Do you know if that update or another might also allow for a more seamless cell edit similar to how Desktop functions in an editing session instead of having to double click to edit each cell?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That would be part of this work I think https://community.esri.com/ideas/13704