Textured polygons in Online Scene or multipatch terrain overwrite

Jump to solution
01-15-2019 01:04 AM
KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all, I have a situation where I need to style an Online Scene, preferably in ArcGIS Enterprise, but if all fails it could be Online.

I need a new basemap in areas of a scene, where my project is located, outside I need the normal imagery. So parts a large area needs to be covered with grass, gravel and so on.

The easiest way to reach my goal, would be to be able to texture a polygon feature, since it would drop perfectly on top of the terrain. Is that possible and where to look for information? Right now, I can only get some boring colors.

Another way could be to some how publish a textured basemap, covering the parts I need retextured, and then merge it to the existing Online Imagery. Could that be possible, and is there any information on the workflow?

The last solution I see on this would be to texture the models and upload them as a scene layer package, but the I don’t see that I get the same functionality as I do with polygons, where the layer is always on top of the terrain, cursing the terrain to push through the models some places, especially when I’m far away.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would suggest you create a tile layer with the polygons you want styled as grass & gravel. Then add that tile layer into Scene Viewer and it will get draped over the ground. You can publish the tile layer directly from Pro or you can upload a tpk and generate the tile layer from that tpk. You can use that tile layer along with the basemap in your scene.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would suggest you create a tile layer with the polygons you want styled as grass & gravel. Then add that tile layer into Scene Viewer and it will get draped over the ground. You can publish the tile layer directly from Pro or you can upload a tpk and generate the tile layer from that tpk. You can use that tile layer along with the basemap in your scene.

KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you that helped, for some reason I overlooked the picture on polygon symbolization, which is actually doing a really good job    

Although I’ve translated the terrain 1m below the multipatch, I still get the terrain to pop up when I zoom out. It’s not bad, bout it could be nice if there was a option to always display objects on top.

0 Kudos