AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create a feature class in Spatiotemporal Data Store

Question asked by JStafurikesriaustralia-com-au-esridist Employee on Jan 3, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2019 by SAmbrose-esristaff

I have a feature class in a file geodatabase, that I would like to use as a template to create a new feature class in a Spatiotemporal data store and publish a feature service in Portal using this feature class.

If I use the 'Copy to Data Store' tool from GeoAnalytics Tools, this fails as the feature class is empty.  If I create a 'dummy' record, it will create a new feature class in the data store, but creates new system fields (OBJECTID1, shapeLenght1, etc.), while keeping the existing system fields (OBJECTID, shapeLength).  These fields also get published in the feature service, which is very confusing for end users, and not best practice in terms of data duplication, etc.  I cannot change the structure of the feature class either, to remove the fields.

If I share a layer from ArcGIS Pro, I don't get a choice to publish to the Spatiotemporal data store.

How can I create a new empty and clean (without field duplication) feature class in the Spatiotemporal data store, which I can use to publish a feature service from in Portal using ArcGIS Pro or ArcPy?

Outcomes