File Backups?

01-04-2019 08:14 AM
KariLeer
New Contributor II

Does ArcGIS Online have a file backup system? I am in need of an older version of a FGDB that was previously stored on AGOL. When I downloaded it, the attachments for a specific feature class did not fully download but I had already updated the FGDB online before I realized this. HELP!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Kari,

I do not think this is possible. 

There have been a few ArcGIS Ideas‌ requests out there for this but this still has not happened. You can vote up this main idea:

ArcGIS Online Back-ups - hosted feature layers and web maps/apps 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kari,

Unfortunately, I think you've lost the previous "version" of your file geodatabase stored in ArcGIS Online. Sorry.
Please vote for the enhancement as Adrian Welsh suggested.

FYI, Back-up data in ArcGIS Online blog, for future reference.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hi Kari, 

I may be incorrect in my understanding because I'm not sure your are working with a service, but I'll add this note that if you have a Hosted Feature service, and you have not deleted the Service definition file, or overwritten that service, that .sd file can be downloaded and extracted as if it was a zip file, the original File Geodatabase and a map document are inside.

But yep, If this was a Standalone file geodatabase item that was overwritten/deleted then replaced, there is not a way to retrieve it. 

0 Kudos