Unable to publish an image to ArcGIS Online as a tiled map service due to failed cache generation

01-01-2019 03:45 PM
AlexChen
New Contributor III

I have a weekly GeoTiff image to be published to ArcGIS Online as a tiled map service. The image is shared as Service in a pre-defined a tile scheme through ArcMap -> Shared As -> Service.

It was a small image file and the the whole publishing process was working until recently.

The issue I am getting is that it seems the publishing was successful but the cache generation process on the ArcGIS Online side failed due to some reason unknown to me.

This is what I received while ArcMap was publishing the image to a service on ArcGIS Online.

I am wondering if anyone can offer any clue? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
AlexChen
New Contributor III

Thanks! Yes, I have tried that method. This method works for me. But this involves too much manual process compared with the former ArcGIS Server method.

However I am still confused why the former method stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Is it to do with my credits or license limitation? Does sharing imagery as Tiled Map Service on ArcGIS Server via ArcMap require the ArcGIS Server's Systems' CachingTools and PublishingTools internally?

0 Kudos