Crowdsource Reporter and URL parameters?

Jump to solution
02-06-2017 07:58 AM
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible to use URL parameters to open to a specific feature and/or map within Crowdsource Reporter? I'm using the template from GitHub.

This would be helpful for us because we would like to send out an email upon request creation with its details as well as a hyperlink to the feature. Also, I'd like to be able to direct people to the correct map, example: a hyperlink from the Parks and Rec website directly to the map where they can report Park facility issues.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

This has been included in the December 2018 release:

Configure Crowdsource Reporter app - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government 

Share Application View

Use the option on the Options tab to add a Share widget to the application header. This widget will generate a URL that points to the specific report, layer, and map that are currently visible in the application.

To create your own link that will open Crowdsource Reporter to a specific report, build a URL that points to a specific map, layer, and feature for that report. Construct this URL following this pattern: appURL&webmap=mapGUID&layer=layerID&oid=OIDvalue with the following substitutions:

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

temporary workaround I've found is to enable Find Locations By Layer under crowdsource reporter's component web maps' Settings, and then use the find=insertattributevaluehere URL parameter on just the webmap's URL, but I would prefer to be able to link staff to the reporter application itself because it's more user-friendly to see all the comments and attachments for the non-GIS crowd

TLDR: is there a way to specify in the URL which map to open in crowdsource reporter?

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Chelsea Rozek

This is an interesting idea. We've been thinking about how to handle sharing the app. I added a note that this should specifically include share a specific view into the app - a particular report, layer list, etc.

Add method for sharing app · Issue #157 · Esri/crowdsource-reporter · GitHub 

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Allison,

Thanks for working on this! I noticed the release notes say you can point directly to a specific report. Does this mean that you must point to an editable layer in the webmap? Our reports, once assigned, are resymbolized on an uneditable layer and I was wondering if I can still point the URL to them. If not, I can rework our setup.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Glad we could help by adding this functionality!

Honestly, I haven't tried the URL scheme against an uneditable layer. We intended the functionality to work against editable layers so I'm really not sure what to expect. It might work if the app is configured to display popup info for uneditable layers. Want to give it a try and reply with the result?

-Allison

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

From my testing, it appears that they need to editable layers. When I used the new Share widget on our noneditable Assigned layer (yellow), I would get the error "washtenaw.maps.arcgis.com says Requested feature not found". When I made that Assigned layer editable in the webmap, the Share widget generates a valid URL to that feature. 

For our app, the Unassigned and Assigned are the same feature class, so I'll make them one layer with different symbology based on Status. Then they won't have the option in Crowdsource Reporter to make an Assigned request and the URL will find the feature until the request is closed and filtered out of the layer at the service level.

The Share widget uses &selectedFeature instead of &oid, are both valid then?

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

Yep - looks like it. That's a good idea to use the share widget to generate the URL!

If you want to restrict users to only creating Unassigned features, you can set the default value of that field to be Unassigned and then make that field uneditable in the popup configuration.

Setting default values requires downloading the layer as a gdb, updating the field properties in Pro, then overwriting the original layer with the new schema. Before republishing, make sure that the default value is part of the editing template for the layer in Pro so that it gets written to the item's JSON during publishing.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

This has been included in the December 2018 release:

Configure Crowdsource Reporter app - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government 

Share Application View

Use the option on the Options tab to add a Share widget to the application header. This widget will generate a URL that points to the specific report, layer, and map that are currently visible in the application.

To create your own link that will open Crowdsource Reporter to a specific report, build a URL that points to a specific map, layer, and feature for that report. Construct this URL following this pattern: appURL&webmap=mapGUID&layer=layerID&oid=OIDvalue with the following substitutions:

NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to configure a url to open to a specific report, for the Crowdsource Reporter, and cannot get it to work. I do have it working for the Crowdsource Manager. Would configuration be any different? 

Thanks,

Nataliya

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Nataliya, 

We found out a bug where if you specify the oid in the url, the url does not open to the specific report but if you use selectedFeature instead of oid it should work. We are working on a fix for this issue in reporter. As for example https://myorg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CrowdsourceManager/index.html?appid=e141b627f439495c996f884a71c99...

webmap=3c0cdcfda8e749eb91985ae02d2ec963&layer=Road_problems_resolution_8753&selectedFeature=2772

The configuration for Reporter should be same as Manager and after we fix this issue you should be able to use oid for both.

Thanks and please reach out if you have any question or have issue configuring the url for your app.

Best wishes,

Aziza