Having all features draw in ArcGIS Online

12-13-2018 09:27 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to set up and improve the performance of drawing features in AGO. I am currently trying to display approximately 145,000 records in one of our features. simply because the department that I work in simply has that many records for some of the features. The reason for this is because I am trying to utilize the dashboard in web app builder to display all of our assets and so I just wanted to be able to have it to where people in my department can utilize it to the fullest.

Is there any way to set up AGO and Portal so that a large number of records in a feature can draw without any hindrance? 

The other thing is my department is slowly moving with AGO and the reason being is because of the dashboard that I created. If I could get any help on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Robert

4 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Here's what ESRI said about this the last time they made a post about this topic. There is also a linked ArcGIS Blog post with complimentary info. I had a situation similar to yours  with a layer of 14,000 polygons and I couldn't get it to fully display even though I was using simple symbology (solid color fill, no outline) and time based queries. I was trying to use it with a story map so I eventually gave up and made an animated GIF as a workaround.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Thanks Steve. I just wanted to know since I figured I wasn't the only one out there who wanted to do the same thing. I have been told the same thing but I think that there might be other things that can be done so that all the features draw. I will keep looking to see what options exist out there.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Robert,

Is that covering several miles on the ground or packed into a mile or two?

• clustering / grid symbology options

-Bill

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

It's all within a county from border to border so dozens of miles.

0 Kudos