Setting up Organization's ArcGIS Online Account

12-11-2018 06:32 AM
AshleyTarver2
New Contributor

I received my email yesterday to connect to our organization's MyESRI account.  Now I want to start building an app with AppBuilder.  In order to start using my org's credits, must I request permission from my org's admin by completing the "Request Permissions Form" under the "My Organization's" tab?  What level of permission should I request to do this?

Also: Must I first be granted this permission from my org admin in order to be able to access the beefed-up ArcGIS online dev tools and widgets that would only be available through the license bought by our org?  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Accessing Web AppBuilder is available if you have an ArcGIS Online account. you don't need anything specific to be enabled on your account from the MyEsri site. Do you know if your account is a member of an organization?

My Esri

0 Kudos
AshleyTarver2
New Contributor

Thank you, your reply is getting to the root of my problem. Yes, the org I work with pays for Arc software ( single use on maintenance license). I already had an Arc Online account before I received the email from ESRI customer service inviting me to link fo my orgs account. The customer service rep also added me as an admin to our orgs account. I was able to start working with web app builder yesterday, but I think I'm still doing this under my individual account not linked to our orgs license. I don't think I'm leveraging all I'm entitled to as admin of an org that bought the license. How to tell? Where to see defined and assigned user roles in my ESRI account? Very confusing

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Ashley,

I reviewed the type of account you have, and it appears the username you posted on GeoNet with is allowed to log in to both Esri.Com and ArcGIS.Com, and belongs to a Trial Developer organization.

Differentiating between Esri.Com and ArcGIS.Com is a frequent question. Consider Esri.Com to be about your customer account with Esri. It's where you handle things like payments, Desktop and Server software download and licensing.

ArcGIS.Com is a web-based product where you can upload data, create maps, create web applications, and use analysis tools to manipulate and study your data. This is where you would build a web application.

Therefore, to go forward with using Web AppBuilder to build a web application, go ahead and log in to ArcGIS.Com (instead of Esri.Com). You can then follow along with the instructions at the below link to get the ball rolling:

Create your first app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
AshleyTarver2
New Contributor

Thanks. That helps some, but I'm linked to our organizations account that pays for ArcGIS, so I'm assuming Im entitled to more than just a "trial". I'm listed as an admin on our organizations account. How do I leverage our benefits?

0 Kudos
AshleyTarver2
New Contributor

OK, I understand the 2 are different.  Now I connected to my organization in MyESRI yesterday, I am an admin of our organization's account.  But how do I leverage the benefits of our org's paid license ArcGIS Online?  I sign in with my individual account (which was created months ago), but the credits available for utilization are limited to those available from my individual account (50)

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Ashley,

Reviewing the accounts and purchases you have available would be something I think best done with Customer Service on the phone with you. I'm not sure if Customer Service Representatives have access to GeoNet so you may not get that information here. It's also information that may not be best discussed in a public forum. But I can definitely give you their number!

Customer Service can be reached at 888-377-4575. I believe they are at Option 5, but go ahead and listen to the options and you should hear Customer Service. They can review your existing accounts, payments, and what subscriptions these purchases were applied to, and can move things around if needed.

Let us know if you have further concerns if you can't reach them!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ashley Tarver were you able to get added to your organization and make your web application?

0 Kudos