Survey 123 Geopoint locator service not configurable

12-10-2018 03:27 PM
JacobHechter1
New Contributor II

survey123‌survey123_connect_for_arcgis survey123 geopoint‌

Hi.

I am trying to publish a survey using Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS which will be used to identify unsafe areas for pedestrians.  I would like to use my organisation's custom locator service to perform the location search instead of the ESRI World Geocoder. 

In the form preview within Survey 123 Connect, the search bar in the geopoint window matches my organisation's locator service.  However, when I publish the form to the Survey 123 website, my geopoint tool defaults to a global view and uses the ESRI World Geocoder.

Is there a way to configure the geopoint search bar either on Survey 123 Connect or the website?  My survey is fairly uncomplicated, so I don't have much of a preference.  I have managed to get the mapping functionality working in the ArcGIS online Geoform application which uses a webmap, but I would like to use Survey 123 for the added user entry functionality.

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks.

7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jacob,

The location search uses teh list of locators that have been configured for your organization.  That being said, it sounds like this form may be shared publicly - is that the case?

0 Kudos
JacobHechter1
New Contributor II

Hi, James.  Thanks for the quick reply.  The form is being shared publicly.  Will this affect the locator that is available?  Is there any way to disable the ESRI default geocoder for publicly shared geoforms?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jacob,

Yes this may affect the locators presented, as it is normally based off a property linked to the user.  There isn't currently a method to set a locator explicitly to use; I've taken this in as a potential enhancement.

0 Kudos
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

"There isn't currently a method to set a locator explicitly to use; I've taken this in as a potential enhancement."

did this ever get added? our organization has two locators in it, but I'd like to restrict a 123 form I have to only one of them.

KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

We also need the ability to use a locator view instead of the default World Geocoder.

JenniferPetrario
New Contributor

My organization would also like to use our custom locator and not the default world geocoder. 

0 Kudos
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

Has the ability to use a custom locator been resolved? We have a publicly available custom locator on enterprise portal set as the default locator in AGOL, but the public AGOL Survey123  forms default to Esri world geocoder and does not use the custom locator.

0 Kudos