Problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.0 preserving imagery brightness during export

01-19-2018 07:42 AM
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to export a layout to either PDF or JPEG which has background imagery that is too dark. I had increased the brightness via the slider found under Image Layer--> Appearance--> Enhancement, and it looked great in the layout. However, when I use the Share --> Export  tool, the resulting PDF or JPEG has not preserved the brightness change and appears very dark. I also tried to Print to PDF, but it failed altogether. 

Preserving brightness settings during export was never a problem in ArcMap 10.x

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

9 Replies
CraigShephard2
New Contributor III

Similar results (poor) when printing satellite imagery from layout under DRA stretch in Pro 2.2.1.

My output seems to return to default values (no stretch!). This is with local (Landsat) imagery not web services. 

Any tips very welcome, workaround at the moment is to retreat back to ArcMap. 😞

Leesa
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

Is this only with actual printing or is the stretch missing from exports as well?

0 Kudos
CraigShephard2
New Contributor III

Hi Leesa, thank you for looking into this (not a good feeling going back to ArcMap!)

Yes, affects exports also, tried pdf and jpeg. I'm now on Pro 2.2.3 as well. Still no worky.

Like Nick below, I'm working with Landsat imagery, stored locally as img files. My stretches (DRA) look great on screen, unusable in export or print though. 

Best of luck,

Cheers, Craig.

0 Kudos
CraigShephard2
New Contributor III

Snip from my Layout, feature 3 individual Landsat scenes all under a DRA stretch.

^Export jpg. 

Leesa
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update! Would you be able to send me this project at LFini@esri.com so I can take a look? 

0 Kudos
CraigShephard2
New Contributor III

Yes, my pleasure Leesa. Email sent. Cheers, Craig.

0 Kudos
NickWilliams3
New Contributor

Same issue in 2.2.4. Have tried using Share->Map as well as Export Raster. It doesn't matter if I use DRA, Force RGB, Use Renderer, 32 bit or 24 bit. Basically any setting I choose, the image file that is written looks nothing like the image in my Map. I have tried writing to JPEG, TIF, PNG, PDF. Sometimes the output is darker, sometime lighter, but never useful. See attached which shows the Map view, and three different exports.

0 Kudos
Leesa
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Nick,

I'm on the visualization team for Pro, and we'd like to take a look at this. Any chance you could share the project with me at LFini@esri.com?

0 Kudos
NickWilliams3
New Contributor

Thanks. I'll make a subset project and make sure the problem persists and then send it to you. I think that maybe the issue is the large size of the LANDSAT images I am working with: ~130MB TIF files for each band. I notice there are refresh issues just panning through the view.

0 Kudos