Running Workflow Manager with Distributed Process Manager

04-10-2018 02:56 AM
CiaraBeddy
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are using WMX with distributed Process Manager. The setup is one parent machine and 5 child machines, the parent creates the jobs and the child machines pickup these jobs and run them through a child workflow. The parent machine will then collect all the completed jobs and merge the data back together once complete.

However I have noticed that for a particular workflow 3 of the child machines complete the 1st 6 jobs they are assigned and then do not attempt to run anymore jobs despite 100's remaining to be completed. So our process is short 3 of the assigned child machines, making processing very slow. Is there a way to kick start these machines into processing again? There is no reason I can see why they have stopped.

I have tried manually assigned a non working child machine into the machine name of my extended properties and the job is not picked up.

Its important that we have full use of all child machines so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ciara

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ciara,

I'm just looking through older questions and saw this one was answered. I would reach out to Amber at abethell@esri.com and she should be able to assist.

Thanks,

Michael

CiaraBeddy
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael, Amber is now aware of the problems we are experiencing . She is working with ESRI Ireland to troubleshoot/resolve the above issue.

Ciara

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, good to hear

0 Kudos