Arcade expression causing layer not to load in web application?

Jump to solution
12-06-2018 08:21 AM
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

I have a web application that I created well over a year ago that would not load one of my layers this morning.  I then checked the web map that it is based off on AGOL and it loaded fine on there.  So then after some troubleshooting, I found that this layer contained an Arcade expression and that was why it wasn't loading.  Anyone else having this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Thank Brian and Robert. This is the similar issue as https://community.esri.com/message/817749-re-my-web-app-stopped-working-can-anyone-tell-me-why?comme... 

We're addressing it and hopefully you can see the fix on Friday or next Monday. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

I have not seen this issue. Did you add the arcade expression recently?

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

No, I've had that expression in there for a few months now.  I usually check this app every morning since I have a fair number of inspectors that use it regularly and I only just got that error this morning.

I tried to do some troubleshooting to replicate the error and it only seems to show up when I use Web App Builder to make an app.  If I use a pre-configured template I don't see that error.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

AGOL got an update last night it is likely an issue with this new update. You should contact esri tech support right away.

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Thank Brian and Robert. This is the similar issue as https://community.esri.com/message/817749-re-my-web-app-stopped-working-can-anyone-tell-me-why?comme... 

We're addressing it and hopefully you can see the fix on Friday or next Monday. 

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hello

I have reproduced this

Add a Map service from an ArcGIS Server (tested on 10.6.1 and 10.3.1) - to a Webmap - configure the popup and add an arcade function

Save the webmap 

Share as a Webapp

You get an error when the webapp loads

The layer and legend don't appear

ArcGIS Web Application 

Remove the arcade function and no error and the layer and legend appear

Ill get something logged with Esri Tech Support

MichaelRobles
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I've also been experiencing this issue. Can someone post here when the issue has been resolved or provide a bug number so we can check the status and stay in the loop? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

On the other thread that's referenced above, someone from the WAB team said it should be fixed after 5PM PST tonight (Friday 12/7).

Brian_Laws
Occasional Contributor

I've re-added my Arcade expressions and saved my web map and checked my web app.  The layer loads now and the Arcade expression shows up in my pop-up as it previously did.  Looks like the bug is now fixed!