Software Authorisation The Portal for ArcGIS licenses may be expired

11-28-2018 02:42 PM
BiosisGIS
New Contributor III

Hi Folks

We have received the following error trying to access our ArcGIS Portal:

'Software Authorization The Portal for ArcGIS licenses may be expired. Check the license and try again'

We have checked our licensing on My Esri and all our subscriptions seem up to date and authorised.  However we also have had our credentials rejected and cannot log into ArcGIS Server Manager.  

We have logged a case with ESRI, but if anyone has experience with this any assistance is welcome.  We have field teams dependent on server access.

Thanks

Lachlan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Check the keycodes file at C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.6\sysgen.  You can open the keycodes file with a text editor.  It should state a expiration date for your current licenses.

0 Kudos
BiosisGIS
New Contributor III

Thanks Jake - yes the date has expired - presumably we need Esri to provide a new keycode? This is frustrating for us to chase up as we should be up to date with our license fees, and would expect Esri to be proactive about keeping our portal open.  Any ideas about avoiding this in future.  I am putting expiry dates in my calendar and checking our other keys.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I would talk to your account manager to see if they have any insight on this.  The Portal licenses should be perpetual. 

BiosisGIS
New Contributor III

HI Jake

I have forwarded your query and will get back to you.  Thanks

0 Kudos
BiosisGIS
New Contributor III

Hi again Jake - I should also have noted the Esri has provided the relevant key so we have sorted the issue.

0 Kudos