Can ArcGIS Pro do Pie Chart Symbology for Points?

Jump to solution
09-08-2016 10:26 AM
TanyaOwens
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to do the pie chart symbology in ArcGIS Pro. I can't seem to find this option in the symbology. I was wondering if this is an option, and if not, is it planned to be added at some point?

31 Replies
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

Awesome thanks Jeremy

0 Kudos
deleted-user-r12oOPKQjs2J
New Contributor III

Perhaps this may help someone:

I haven't found how to create pie chart symbology in Pro but if you import an mxd with such a symbology, it will display. But you can't modify the symbology in any way.

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi there

If you create a layer file in ArcMap and bring that layerfile in to ArcGIS Pro that also works as well

Cheers

RomanMinyaylyuk
New Contributor

Just checking in, but does Esri have an updated timeline of when pie chart symbology will be incorporated into ArcGIS Pro?

LinasNera
New Contributor III

Every day I face a really big issues why not to use ArcGIS Pro. Every single day since I've started to use and tried to be innovative but ridiculously funny in my team…

robertkalasek
New Contributor III

absolutely agree !!!! even basic functions dont't work or aren't even implemented ... pie charts ???

and usability ??? uggliest interface i've ever seen ... not just because i've got used to arc map and qgis (!!!) ... AND it is was released jan 2015 ...

JakubSisak

Sigh... It's March 14, 2018, we're on release 2.1. 2 and I just came across yet another obstacle and learnt that pie chart symbology is not yet available. We try so hard to migrate but there are still so many walls and performance issues. Labelling, symbology, editing, updating web services, customization  - all missing features and slow performance. So many issues and bugs it's totally killing my Pro experience. Pro has been in development so many years and now we know for fact it is the new desktop GIS replacement (something we've been told over and over wasn't the case) and at 2.1.2 this app is at an Alpha-level release at best. Until all ArcMap functionality is truly available in Pro including the ability to transition/import Add-In projects it will just not do. 

robertkalasek
New Contributor III

yes indeed !!! and there are alternatives ... which have significantely improved concerning both performance and cartography with every single release - and they release every 6 month. i've tried to switch to pro several times - meanwhile i use arcmap for analysis (model builder!) and take qgis for any cartographic output !!

0 Kudos
SimonKettle

Bringing this thread back up to the top...has ESRI published a time frame to add chart symbology for ArcGIS Pro?

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Simon, I don't have a solid release that I can provide right now.  Even though the conversation has been around a while, this was just logged Add pie charts to ArcGIS Pro symbology so you can go over an up vote and provide comments.

There is also an existing enhancement request [ENH-000109862: Provide a functionality in ArcGIS Pro to use Pie, Bar/Column and Stacked chart information as symbology renderer for features and to be able to label the chart information.]  If this functionality is critical to your workflows, you can call technical support and get attached to the enhancement.

Thank you.