Configuring editing of reports in crowdsource reporter

Jump to solution
12-22-2016 07:25 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to get the editing of reports to work in my app. I've checked the box in the configuration. I'm accessing the app through a browser on my desktop. I can submit reports but it is not obvious to me how to edit my report. I'm signing in with my AGOL account which is an enterprise account login.

According to the help I should be able to have this functionality whether I'm signing on through AGOL or social media. There are other instructions on how to sign up through social media. If I don't want to use social media shouldn't I still be able to get this functionality through AGOL? Is there something else I need to do?

1. Choose to allow users to edit and/or delete their own submissions. This functionality will only be available for reports submitted by ArcGIS or Social Media users who accessed tha pplication usign those credentials. This also requires that the application be configured to allow access to the application through these platforms, and to store a GUID associated with each account on each feature.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeOnzay

I republished the service Feature service v2 that had the GUID field and after it published I did not see that GUID field. I can now edit submissions in my app. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

did you figure this out?

are you using the hosted template, or GitHub's?

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

monzay‌ You are right - It should work if you access the application by clicking the ArcGIS button (but not if you enter credentials and then click Guest)

This functionality requires that your app also be configured to store the username on each feature that you create. Can you confirm that you have configured this parameter on the Access tab of the config panel, and that your layer has a field of this name (case sensitive)?

If the parameter is configured, can you look at the data and confirm that your username is being populated in that field for each of the features you have created?

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

The parameter is configured correctly on the Access tab and the field name matches.

When I look at the data the username is not being populated.

Back in November/December I had coworker create and develop the first iteration of this project. It was a test version. In that version editing is working as expected. Based on that work I created a new feature service (not based on the first one) with additional fields and then configured the Reporter and Manager apps. I still have that first version and I have been comparing the apps, maps, and feature services. Almost everything is the same except:

Feature service v1 where editing does work does not have a GUID field. Feature service v2 does have a GUID field. Both have a UserID field.

I'm really confused because the help states "a GUID associated with each account on each feature" and yet the hosted feature service that doesn't have a GUID field I'm using in the app does allow editing and the hosted feature service in the app that does have a GUID doesn't allow editing.

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

I republished the service Feature service v2 that had the GUID field and after it published I did not see that GUID field. I can now edit submissions in my app. 

0 Kudos
melvilegarias
New Contributor II

Hello,

i found this post, do u still need solution for this ?

i think i have found the solution, i'm using ArcGis Enterprise with this app (crowdsource reporter).

Before publishing the service from ArcMap, i have setting up field "USERID" to automatically save created_user from Arcgis Enterprise Log In. 

Do not need setting access in crowdsource reporter. But make the apps in one group with the web map (setting form portal). So the apps will ask login portal (no need splash screen login from crowdsource reporter.).

tx

Melvi

0 Kudos