How to resolve issues with SVG exports from ArcGIS Pro?

11-16-2018 01:52 PM
NicoleMarie
New Contributor

Hello, I just created an ArcGIS Pro project with about 12 map files that I need to export and edit in Adobe Illustrator. Since the AI export is no longer available, I used the SVG export option. However, when I open the SVG files in Illustrator, I've run into a few issues:

-Features within layers are missing. For example, in a region layer, some regions are showing up while others are not.

-Certain layers are not displaying the same as they do in Pro. For example, I used the buffer layer in Pro to create vignettes for certain features. When I open these buffer layers in Illustrator, they each show up as one large dissolved feature that has been merged into a compound path.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

2 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
NicoleMarie
New Contributor

Thanks Thomas. I glanced at that thread before writing this post but didn't see anything about why SVG exports have issues in Illustrator. I ended up just redoing layers in ArcMap that  were giving me problems. However, after reading the thread that you posted in more detail, it sounds like ESRI is completely redoing functionality for Arc to Adobe workflows and intends to eventually incorporate Pro map exports into the workflow. This update will be really nice because I use the ArcMap to Illustrator/Photoshop workflow for the majority of my work.