ArcGIS Pro Water Leak Solution Failure

Jump to solution
11-16-2018 03:10 PM
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

Trying to get some traction on the following issue before calling tech support again. When using Pro 2.2.3 to attempt to deploy the Water Leak Investigator Solution it fails. The error states that I must be connected to an Active Portal which I know that I am as is evident by the connection in the upper right corner of Pro. I reviewed a similar issue in the following post ArcGIS Pro Solution Deploy Failed but they too seem to have had no response.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to add an update to this question that I posed. After a few sessions working with support, I have been informed that there is a known defect in Pro when trying to publish to a Portal that uses IWA (Integrated Windows Authentication), which we do. Our case has been added to the defect but no telling how long until it is addressed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

I have no experience with this specific tool related to portal deployments, but isn't this potentially some rights issue, e.g. that you don't have the proper privileges on the portal to deploy stuff there? I know it is not the error message shown, but it wouldn't be the first time some piece of software returns an unrelated or only marginally related error message upon erroring out. The proper privileges is definitely something to check out I think.

PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

I do not believe that permissions are the issue as I am a level 2 Admin within our portal environment and I can publish layers to our portal from Pro. The solution will not deploy.

Thanks for the reply! 

0 Kudos
HowardCrothers
Esri Contributor

Peter King‌ We've seen similar issues occur due to proxy configurations that are impacting python's ability to connect to the active portal.  It's not easy to work through it on GeoNet, but our support folks have dealt with this before and successfully solved.  So it will be easiest to work with support on it.  

0 Kudos
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

Great thanks! I will call them to discuss.

0 Kudos
PeterKing
Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to add an update to this question that I posed. After a few sessions working with support, I have been informed that there is a known defect in Pro when trying to publish to a Portal that uses IWA (Integrated Windows Authentication), which we do. Our case has been added to the defect but no telling how long until it is addressed.