Dashboard count inside field

11-12-2018 05:41 AM
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

I need to add all the numbers in one field to get a total.  I dont see where I can do that.  It only does an occurrence count. 

example

interactions 

Need my dashboard count to show 12 for adding all the numbers from field interactions not that there were 3 occurrences

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is the service being used originating from an on-premise ArcGIS Server where the service is registered with AGOL or are you using an AGOL hosted feature layer?

If it's the former than maybe you are running into a similar issue that is illustrated in the following thread:

Sum Statistic not calculating correctly in Operations Dashboard web app 

The poster never mentioned if they solved their issue, but the OpDash Indicator did work as expected when using an AGOL hosted feature layer.  So if it's your org's own AGS service, then I would create an AGOL hosted feature layer to see if that fixes the issue.  If it does but you don't want to use an AGOL hosted feature service, then I would talk to ESRI tech support about this issue as it may be a bug with on-premise services registered with AGOL.

0 Kudos
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

I am pulling data from Survey123 and the field is a number field so I dont

have room in changing anything. Im surprised there is no way to display a

sum total of all the numbers in the same field

0 Kudos
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael

Is there any solution to getting the dashboard to count the numbers in the

field column rather than by occurrence?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Eric:

I think Mitch Holley showed how to setup the Indicator widget to get a sum of records.  I'm thinking it might be the connection to Survey123 that might be causing an issue.  As such, I would create an incident with ESRI tech support so they can determine what the issue is.

0 Kudos