Center on point in Collector using URL

Jump to solution
11-08-2018 12:33 PM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I can center on a particular point and pull up the popup via a URL within a Webmap, but can I do the same in Collector? Or at the least be able to center on a particular point?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe -- Yes, you can use the Collector URL scheme to launch the app, open a map, and center on a particular location. You can't open a popup through it though.

See "Can my users open Collector from my emails, websites, or apps?" in FAQs for map creation—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, as well as the Collector URL scheme GitHub repo.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe -- Yes, you can use the Collector URL scheme to launch the app, open a map, and center on a particular location. You can't open a popup through it though.

See "Can my users open Collector from my emails, websites, or apps?" in FAQs for map creation—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, as well as the Collector URL scheme GitHub repo.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Apparently the only way to zoom to a point in collector is by starting a new feature collect...I don't want to do this

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe -- You don't have to start a new feature collect to center. There is an example of this in the Collector URL scheme GitHub repo:

Center at a given location

The location on which to center the map.

center: (optional) Specified as a set of latitude, longitude (y,x) coordinates. Coordinates must be in WGS84.

The following example URL defines a map to open and a location to center the map:

arcgis-collector://?itemID=35b1ccecf226485ea7d593f100996b49&center=34.0547155,-117.1961714
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I need to center on a previously collected point, not based on coordinates

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Gotcha. Yeah, to center Collector you'd have to know the location of that previously collected point before launching the app. So how you'd get that depends on how/where you are calling Collector from. There isn't a way to find a particular existing feature to center on as part of launching the app.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I'm calling Collector from an email and want to pass in an objectID to zoom to

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

You'd have to locate that object ID before calling Collector. Centering on a feature isn't currently supported.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Is there a work around right now?

0 Kudos