[JS API 4.9] IE11: Updating the map property on a MapView doesn't work

Jump to solution
11-05-2018 05:48 AM
SebastianKvist
New Contributor II

Hello,

Since updating to v4.9, i have had issues in IE 11 with updating the map property of the MapView. It may work on the first update, but then the second change would error out.

I have addressed a similar use case in a previous question (related to the LayerList widget at that time): [JS API 4.x] SPA with multiple map configurations .

There is a sample from Esri in which one can re-pro this issue (in IE 11 that is): Swap web maps in the same view | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.9 

Does anyone know if there is any workaround to this issue, or would I have to go back to 4.7/4.8?

Regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Update: Still unsure of a workaround, but we have this fixed for version 4.10 (due out in December). Thanks again for raising this issue to our attention.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sebastian, thank you for reporting this issue. Looks like a problem with 4.9. We are currently investigating. Not sure of a workaround at the moment, but I will update this thread when we learn more.

-Noah

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Update: Still unsure of a workaround, but we have this fixed for version 4.10 (due out in December). Thanks again for raising this issue to our attention.