How to move map and feature layers when changing app owner?

Jump to solution
10-25-2018 08:23 AM
MatthewKing
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to change the owner for an application from an individual org named user account to an "authoritative" account within the same organization...should be a piece of cake. I'm kind of following this example from Kelly Gerrow

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2017/05/16/example-authoritative-...  

However, the associated map and feature layers are not moving over at the same time.  So, the app moves over, but the app is still referencing back to the map and feature layers that are back on the user's account.

In my mind, a perfect working "change owner" command would not only move over the app, but the associated map and feature layers and well as reestablish the change locations within the app and map. 

So, is there something else that I need to do to make sure these also move over?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Basically, the tool is very simple and you have to change the owner of each item independently.  As apps and maps can reference items that are not owned by the same individual, building a more sophisticated tool would quickly get very complicated.

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Basically, the tool is very simple and you have to change the owner of each item independently.  As apps and maps can reference items that are not owned by the same individual, building a more sophisticated tool would quickly get very complicated.

Mike

MatthewKing
Occasional Contributor II

Mike Minami   Thanks, good to know and I can see how that would be an issue if there are multiple maps/apps pointing to the same features and/or owned by other accounts.

Can I assume that when, for example, a feature layer is moved, that any maps/apps that point to the feature layer will still work, basically the item ID for the feature layer doesn't change.

It would be helpful if that info was included in this help section Manage content—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I'll pass your comment along to our documentation team.

thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos