Synchronize data and geodatabase

10-19-2018 05:44 AM
deleted-user-jQabWmRafJc9
New Contributor III

We are building a custom mobile application using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS.

We have converted our SQL Server database into an enterprise geodatabase and published the feature classes and tables as a feature service to ArcGIS Online for the mobile app to consume and write data into it.

Questions:

1. What is the recommended method to synchronize the data generated by the mobile app from the feature service back to the geodatabase?
  2. We connect to the SQL Server instance housing our geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro and manage tables and feature classes there. Why is it EXTREMELY slow? The schema is not complex; there are many tables and the data volume is not large.
13 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

What if you install Map or Pro on the same Server that SQL is on? Same response time? 

Tech Support, 1 888 377 4575 Option 2, Option 1, Customer #. 

They can walk you through doing a SQL trace and SDE Intercept, which will pinpoint the problem. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks Thomas,

I don't have the permission to install ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro on the same server where the SQL Server is. But we'll see if there will be any performance difference after we have optimized the database before we decide to call the Technical Support.

0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peter,

I agree with Tom that Support should troubleshoot this performance issue. If you haven't already, I'd recommend calling the number Tom provided and letting them create a case for you. We can run some tools on this end to figure out what's going on. 

In regards to question 1 though, the recommended way to sync the data back and forth, if you could let me know your response to my question earlier that would help determine the best workflow there. Or if you'd like to send me an email directly, that's fine too. jfarmer@esri.com 

Thanks,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks Jonathan,

I've sent an email to you with a diagram to illustrate our current workflow in terms of data synchronization.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos