ArcGIS Pro SDK support for linear referencing?

Jump to solution
10-10-2018 02:35 PM
daleward
New Contributor II

Does the ArcGIS Pro SDK support linear referencing?  Specifically, some of the functionality exposed by the ArcObjects IMSegmentation interface.

Methods such as:

• GetSubcurveBetweenMs (gets the geometry defined on a route between measure m1 and m2)
  • GetPointsAtMs (gets the points from a route where a specific measure occurs)
  • SetMsAsDistance (sets the measures on a route based on distances)

So far, the closest I've found has been the CIMMarkerPlacementAtMeasuredUnits, which "Represents marker placement at geometry M values."

Is there other support in the SDK , and I'm just looking in the wrong place?

If that's the case - where should I look?

Thank you - Dale

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daleward
New Contributor II

Think I found it. The IGeometryEngine interface in the ArcGIS.Core.Geometry namespace has a GetSubCurve() method. That ought to work.

Bet the others are in here, too.

Thanks all - Dale

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you search the ArcGIS Pro help, then select the SDK portion over on the left, you will get a number of hits from the SDK help...

Search Result | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
daleward
New Contributor II

Think I found it. The IGeometryEngine interface in the ArcGIS.Core.Geometry namespace has a GetSubCurve() method. That ought to work.

Bet the others are in here, too.

Thanks all - Dale

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

check the help topic access as well, it is pretty good.  Just make sure you have the SDK portion of the help selected

Search Result | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
AnnetteLocke
Esri Contributor

Hi Dale,

GetSubCurve() is not exactly what you want, but you can probably make it work. We will add the three methods that you have listed above. I'm sure other people will make use of them too.

Thank you for the feedback.

Annette

daleward
New Contributor II

Hi Annette -

From IMSegmentation, we'll need:

• GetSubcurveBetweenMs 
  • GetPointsAtMs
  • SetMsAsDistance 
  • MMax
  • MMin
  • MMonotonic
  • SetAndInterpolateMsBetween

When you folks implement these - are you interpolating between the known coordinate/measures, or is there more complicated geometry going on? We will be using projected coordsys...

So...if you have a route points at measure 0 and 100, and you need coordinate at measure 50, are you taking the coords at the 0 and 100 points and interpolating? Or is it harder than that?

As a stopgap until yours are available, we are thinking about writing our own, is why I ask.

Thank you - Dale

AnnetteLocke
Esri Contributor

We are interpolating between known coordinates/measures. Nothing harder than that.

daleward
New Contributor II

Looks like we'll also need to implement GetNormalsAtM()

AnnetteLocke
Esri Contributor

Hi Dale,

We have put all the requested methods into ArcGIS Pro 2.3 which will be released early 2019. 

Thanks again for the feedback.

Take care,

Annette

SteveHossack
New Contributor II

Hi Annette,

The IMSegmentation methods in ArcObjects were really helpful. I was disappointed that they weren't in the Pro API yet. I'm glad to hear that they will be in there soon. Looking forward!