Attribute Transfer Tool

10-05-2018 09:03 AM
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

There is no attribute transfer with 2 point files anymore?? The attribute transfer tool in Pro has line feature to choose from. In ArcMAP, you could do either. Where is that feature now??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This is an idea I had on this specific tool:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/15253 

Are you saying that this tool has been added to Pro at 2.2.x?  If so, it does not have the same capabilities as the similarly named ArcMap tool?

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

We have 2.0 because of the warning with 2.2. The Attribute transfer tool is in 2.0 but it only lets you choose a line layer as the source. You could choose any layer in ArcMAP. For Example, point to point. Unless, they added that part of the feature in 2.2?

Michelle Couden

Cartographer

Certified GIS Analyst

TPP Wellness Contact

Transportation Planning and Programming

Traffic Analysis Section

(512)486-5136

Watch for Cyclists!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of the Attribute Transfer tool that you have access to at Pro 2.0?

I'm wondering if I'm thinking of a different tool that is packaged in ArcMap in the Spatial Adjustment toolbar.

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

That’s it. That’s the right tool. It is in the spatial adjustment toolbar in ArcMAP. In that tool you can choose any layer in your map. It doesn’t have to be a line feature. The attached is what it is in ArcPro.

Michelle Couden

Cartographer

Certified GIS Analyst

TPP Wellness Contact

Traffic Analysis Section

(512)486-5136

Watch for Cyclists!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

These are 2 separate tools in ArcMap where the Attribute Transfer tool is only available from the Spatial Adjustment toolbar.  This is what my idea is for and as answered by Kory Kramer of ESRI will not be available until 2.3 or 2.4 (Nothing is set in stone so it might even be in a later version than that).

I would still upvote the idea so ESRI sees the importance of this tool to GIS users.

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!!

Michelle Couden

Cartographer

Certified GIS Analyst

TPP Wellness Contact

Traffic Analysis Section

(512)486-5136

Watch for Cyclists!

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Michael

Michelle Couden

Cartographer

Certified GIS Analyst

TPP Wellness Contact

Traffic Analysis Section

(512)486-5136

Watch for Cyclists!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Michelle - just as a heads up, the warning about AGP 2.2 was for the 2.2.2 release.  Esri recommends all users uninstall AGP 2.2.2 via the Control Panel via the view installed updates link.  AGP 2.2.3 was just released today I believe and fixes the error.

0 Kudos