How to correctly publish a feature layer from ArcGIS Server for use in a Collector App

10-04-2018 06:57 AM
CurtisOrig_Customer
New Contributor

My goal is to create a simple collector application for our Fire Department personnel to enter fire hydrant flow data in the field to the Hydrant feature in our LGIM (Local Government Information Model) Enterprise Geodatabase that resides on our Enterprise ArcGIS Server (internally).  I would like to have a step by step recipe on how to create a service from that Hydrant feature so that I can utilize it in ArcGIS Online to create a web map for Collector.  I have created a Group on ArcGIS Online for the Fire Department Personnel and have added users.  This Group will have access to the resulting collector app.  So, publishing the service is where it gets tricky for me.  I need to be sure that the attribute edits made in the field are updated to the feature in the geodatabase on the server.  What capabilities on the Service Editor are necessary for this? Feature Access? Mobile Data Access?  In regards to Feature Access, in a test I did earlier, I figured I would need Create, Delete, Query, and Update, but  I assumed I would need Sync checked as well, since there may be times when disconnected editing occurs and multiple users.  …When I checked Sync, I got a warning that the feature was not ready to support Sync functions… how do I remedy that?  Anyway, I’m not sure if this is a simple process, but I am admittedly a little confused, and I want to do this correctly.  I really appreciate any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Curtis,

> I would like to have a step by step recipe on how to create a service from that Hydrant feature so that I can utilize it in ArcGIS Online to create a web map for Collector.

Please review these help topics:

> What capabilities on the Service Editor are necessary for this? Feature Access? ... I figured I would need Create, Delete, Query, and Update, but  I assumed I would need Sync

Yes to all of the above, please see help topics for details.

This help topic may also be useful,

Author maps to publish feature services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos