Land Record_relationship class

10-04-2018 01:03 AM
ZhadraTaibassarova
New Contributor

Hi all.

I am currently trying to create relationship classes for land record data. In my attribute table, I have two columns with different area (in ha), one of them indicate full area including clashes, the second one indicates area of the clipped data due to existing clashes, we have to avoid double counting for land taxation. But created relationship class does not work> how can I solve this issue? Have you before faced with this problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Zhadra,

From the description that you have shared it seems you are basically trying to link up the feature class (Land Parcels) with the non-spatial table which contains the area fields.

I assume that there is a parcel id field or some other field that can be used as the foreign key for creating the relationship class.

What I am not clear with the description is the “avoid double counting for land taxation”. If I am not mistaken, the relationship should not interfere with the any columns that is available in the tables or the values. It will be great if you can throw some light on this part so that we can try and formulate a workflow for you.

Meanwhile try going through the following: -

I hope this helps!

~Shan

~Shan
ZhadraTaibassarova
New Contributor

Thanks Shan for your comment.

I mean that all areas during the formalization process were clipped due to existing clashes. Right know I want to create separate layer without clipped, all polygons will overlap each other, but in attribute column table two columns will indicate 2 different area information. I thought that relationship classes will be a perfect way to do that, but never faced before to work with.

0 Kudos
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

Are you trying to identify areas that overlap? Because you would need to set up a topology for that, but it's pretty simple to do.

ZhadraTaibassarova
New Contributor

No, no topology, as it show overlapping areas, I need smg different.

I have already created relationship classes, but I couldn't open it in arcMap, should I use FME to run the data?

0 Kudos