How do students download arcgis pro?

Jump to solution
08-14-2017 04:26 PM
Dr_Carter
New Contributor III

I'm using Pro for the first time in an online class this semester. Students will obviously need to download and install Pro on their computers, but I can't figure out the best way for them to do so. 

I know how to add students to our organization account in ArcGIS Online and authorize them to access Pro, but I don't know how to give them access to the download file. 

Is the best solution for them to create a Trial account to download the software?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Carter
New Contributor III

Issue resolved. Students can download and install Pro with their EVA code.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If memory serves, if all of the students are associated with your institution, they should be able to go to 'My Esri' (top right in their profile) and connect to the organization and from there, the downloads

0 Kudos
Dr_Carter
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan. I have been playing around with that solution. To see what a student would go through I created a new email account, added it to my organization, then logged in to my.esri.com, as a student would do. There is a "Request Permissions" option that asks for the name of the organization to connect to. I entered it but no message ever came to me as the organization administrator. The ArcGIS Online organization for our campus is Long Beach City College, but the license in through the California Community College Foundation organization. I'm wondering if students cannot connect to LBCC but rather have to do it through the Foundation organization. If that is the case it may be too difficult.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

that may be the issue... our administrator is onsite... I usually get my students to get an account during class, then request permissions... then I text our admin and say .... incoming!!! It is handled as fast as they can be issued.

Dr_Carter
New Contributor III

Issue resolved. Students can download and install Pro with their EVA code.

Ana_MariaAraya_Castro
New Contributor

I still can't Dr. Carter. I've already installed ArcMap 10.6.1 using my EVA code. But know I've downloaded and installed ArcGIS Pro, and in the Sign in window, I go to "Configure your license option" then in "License Type" hit "Single Use License" and then again as I did with ArcMap I try to "authorize it with Esri using the internet" and then with my EVA. And I get a message saying that all requested features have already been authorized on this machine, and after I finish this process, I get an ArcGIS Pro message saying that Im not authorized for ArcGIS Pro Advance single use; and that I have to use another core level or authorize another single use license.

Hope you, or someone can help me. Than you!

Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
AshishManandhar
New Contributor

In order to get ArcGIS Pro, it looks like students need to sign up for another 180 days Trial, using the EVA code provided in student Edition. 

0 Kudos